Jump to navigation
Benton, Lewis Herbert (1872-1939)
Photograph of the Farmington, Connecticut, railroad station, taken by Lewis Herbert Benton. Also visible is the station's brick-enclosed water tank. [This description was contributed by Richard A. Fleischer: Farmington, Connecticut, was the junction of the Canal Line (New Haven & Northampton Railroad) and the New Hartford Branch. The brick passenger station at the left was built in 1887, and was similar to other Canal Line stations at Mount Carmel, Connecticut, and South Deerfield, Massachusetts. The disused brick enclosed water tank (enclosed to prevent frost) at the right was like the tanks the NH&N built at other stations. The frame freight house is at the right edge of the photograph.]
Farmington (inhabited place)
Box 1:folder 94
Benton no. 2371
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License, CC BY-NC.
Francis D. Donovan Papers