Jump to navigation
Benton, Lewis Herbert (1872-1939)
Photograph of the Suffield, Connecticut, railroad station, taken by Lewis Herbert Benton. Suffield was at the end of a four and one half mile branch line off the Hartford & New Haven Railroad main line at Windsor Locks. The Suffield depot is at the left, the engine house is in the center, and the freight house is at the right. Although the columns are gone, the Doric order entablature of the freight house remains from when the building was a Greek Revival Congregational Church built circa 1835.
Suffield (inhabited place)
Box 3:folder 240
Benton no. 2641
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License, CC BY-NC.
Francis D. Donovan Papers